Thursday, January 13, 2011

4 - walking around the 'hood

the walk back to the apartment from the gym was better. the sun was going down so there was a nice breeze. the view was impecable because i can see the sun setting on to the sea and i snapped a photo with my phone and sent it to A with a note saying, "wish you were here..."
i had another blonde moment as i walked home and got a little lost. i blame it on being distracted by the nice scenery! i didnt panic much but i was hoping to find my way because it was quickly getting dark and just my luck, i was going UPHILL. my legs were already so tired after walking that whole way.  i was so happy to finally find my way back as i was very exhausted and hungry.

when i got home my roomie asked if i wanted to go out for a drink. she's been bugging me to go out and if i hear her say, "i wanna go to pahhty" one more time i am going to lose it. i told her that i was tired and i want to relax. she begged me to go but i firmly said no and that i'll go out with her on the weekend. i felt kind of bad leaving her to go out on her own but i was secretly hoping she would go so that i can have some alone time. i will go out with her eventually. she did do my laundry for me afterall.  i had to make my own food last night but my roomie has always prepped it for us. i am going to shamelessly admit that i cant even make a proper hard-boiled eggs. i will try again tonight to see how i do.

after dinner i made myself a hot bath and soaked myself in there for about an hour as i read my book. i wish i brought my lush bath products with me. taking a hot bath is definitely a luxury that i dont get to indulge in that often back home. im going to the store later to get a nice foam bath and maybe some candles and i will take baths regularly (that sounds odd).

basically i had a very relaxing night. my first casting this morning was at 9am. the jobs here in cape town are mostly commercial (and they pay the most money). my very first casting earlier this week, i was asked to dance. this time, i was asked to ride a bike and say something in german. i wonder what's next? this totally builds my confidence in front of people and just be shameless. what is there to be ashamed of anyway? i am an actress in front of the camera. lots of cheesy smiling and energy.  this is the only thing that can tire me out here.

i attempted to walk today from one casting to the next. it was ''walkable" but by the time i got to the next one, i was so hot and sweaty. i had to stop by a nearby shop to grab a cold drink, a sandwich and freshened up my makeup. again, it feels totally liberating to be walking on my own and finding directions all by myself. if you know me personally, you'll know that i am terrible at directions! so if i sound like im making a big deal out of this, that's because it is.

i am at the agency right now to pick up more z-cards because i am running out, and i am taking advantage of their free internet service so i thought i'd blog. my next casting is not until 4:30pm so maybe i'll go back to the flat for now and get some rest.

sometimes i take a moment to stop and think about everything. being a full time model is crazy. i mean i did the whole running around from casting to casting while i was in TO. aside from my university text books i had my portfolio with me and sometimes i have to go to a casting in between classes. but this time it's ALL i do. it's quite a funny feeling, to be living a different life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment